MJ Insurance exists to inspire the success, fulfillment and wellbeing of each person we serve. We are committed to hiring, retaining and growing the best and brightest professionals who will carry the MJ vision forward.
Our culture of excellence can be attributed to our collaborative, team-oriented approach. By continually sharing, learning, and educating, we keep getting better at what we do. We think that’s a critical aspect of our culture given the constantly changing landscape of the modern insurance world.
MJ is looking forward to adding a new, full-time team member to join the Corporate Marketing + Communications team. This multi-faceted marketer will join a group of passionate, creative individuals working to grow and evolve the MJ brand in the ever-changing world of insurance. The marketing + communications specialist will play a vital role on this best-in-class team assisting in a variety of tasks from graphic design to internal communications, sales support and much more. If you’re a creative marketer who thinks strategically, enjoys visual communication and coming up with innovative ways to build and advance the company’s vision, this may be the job for you!
When you work at MJ, you can expect competitive benefits, competitive compensation, and a culture of like-minded, hard-working people. We think we are the very best at what we do. If you think you can help us be an even better, more innovative organization, we want you to be a part of our team.
The Marketing + Communications Specialist will support the agency’s marketing and communications strategy and vision for growth by implementing and executing key tactics to promote MJ’s products and services, increase brand awareness and deliver an exceptional client and employee experience.
- Responsible for design and development of promotional material; distributes in online and offline channels; must possess ability to translate complex concepts into an easy-to-understand visual format
- Collaborates cross-functionally to fully understand marketing and communication need; gathers information and research necessary to understand request; analyzes material to determine the most effective communications tactic to deliver results
- Responsible for enhancing the MJ employee experience through creative internal communications strategies and tactics.
- Plan and coordinate social media calendar; provide inventive ways to further engage audience.
- Responsible for the retrieval, organization and delivery of existing client data and strategic lists through CRM and other data sources to meet Sales and Marketing objectives; owns the list import/export process and maintains standards; updates information.
- Assist with digital marketing strategy; manage inbound marketing system; draft and propose campaigns to support clients and optimize conversions.
- Responsible for conception, development and creation of client and prospective client presentations, graphics, etc.
- Provides design and illustration (digital and/or traditional) from conception to completion as required
- Reviews all work for errors/omissions prior to completion of project
- Makes all requested changes/corrections promptly
- Maintains working knowledge of pertinent software and technology needed to complete work
- Adhoc projects as assigned
- Proficient in the use of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, etc.) and MS Office Suite
- Experience in digital publishing; familiarity with web design and content management systems (WordPress)
- Demonstrable experience in graphic design and visual communication
- Familiarity with B2B advertising campaigns, SEO and Google Analytics, a plus
- Possess the passion and discipline to stay at the forefront of marketing trends
Required Skills + Experience
- 2+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects and remain flexible through multiple revisions while keeping attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; professional presentation
- Aptitude to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment
- Strong analytical and project management skills; high quality and production standards
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Graphic Design, Visual Communication or related discipline