MJ is looking for a success-driven professional to join our Commercial Insurance & Risk Management team. One who will execute on the corporate strategy and departmental goals that drive world-class service. Develop, implement and audit the marketing process, build relationships, drive analytics, and identify emerging risks and key markets. Supervise the day-to-day activities of the Risk Transfer Specialists.
- Own the Risk Transfer Strategy/Marketing process. Identify risk, forecasting/trends, marketing (submissions), manage carrier relationships, negotiation and client risk transfer strategy design.
- Develop strategies and forward-thinking insight into the marketing process.
- Understand technical insurance coverages with an ability to negotiate insurance terms and conditions.
- Execute on Corporate strategy and departmental goals.
- Collaborate with Functional Leaders to establish outstanding services standards for clients.
- Drive analytics into the marketing process and client presentations.
- Establish and manage carrier relationships with agency Practice Group Leaders.
- Create a process to execute on the 12-month plan designed for “key” clients.
- Lead and develop Risk Transfer Specialists.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Products: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Familiar with the use of an Agency Management System and a document management system (imaging); previous use of Sagitta a plus
- Maintain Insurance license and strive toward achieving other designations
- A minimum of 8-10 years of customer service or marketing experience with an in-depth knowledge of the insurance brokerage business.
- Strong knowledge base of commercial lines coverages, classifications and rating structures.
- Strong background negotiating and developing relationships with carriers and brokers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; professional presentation; experienced with managing direct interactions between the clients, insurance carriers and internal agency staff.
- Prior experience supervising a team of insurance professionals a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or work equivalent
- Indiana Property & Casualty license
- CIC or Insurance Designation preferred
- Indianapolis, Indiana
These are all the things we’re looking for in our ideal candidate. Since you’re looking for your ideal employer, let’s talk about what we can provide you.
Our team is continually growing. We’re motived by the success, fulfillment and wellbeing of the people we serve. Since their success is our success, we’re making strides to provide a best-in-class work environment for our employees. With a new office set to open in Midtown Carmel in 2018 and a robust team of fresh thinkers on our staff, we’re setting ourselves up for continued success. We enjoy working hard, having a lot of fun and making our clients’ business stronger, more efficient and more successful.
Interested? Click the button below to apply today!