Hope is a powerful force that can sustain us during the most challenging times. For parents whose children need critical medical care, hope can mean everything. It’s the driving force behind their desire for their child’s full recovery, and it keeps them going when the situation seems dire.
Fortunately, places like Phoenix Children’s provide hope to families in need. For the twelfth consecutive year, U.S. News & World Report has ranked Phoenix Children’s among the nation’s “Best Children’s Hospitals.” The hospital is also the top-ranked children’s hospital in Arizona for the second year in a row.
Phoenix Children’s is one of the largest pediatric healthcare systems in the country, with nearly 1,000 medical specialists across more than 75 subspecialties. They provide inpatient, outpatient, trauma and emergency care, ensuring children receive the best medical attention. The hospital’s areas of expertise are diverse and include complex cardiovascular care, respiratory disease treatment and cancer and blood disorders care. Phoenix Children’s Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders is Arizona’s most extensive pediatric program and provides complete care for children diagnosed with malignancies and blood diseases.
- One out of every 100 children are born with a heart defect. That means 15,000 of the 1.5 million children living in Arizona may need complex cardiovascular care and possibly a heart transplant.
- Phoenix Children’s highly trained pulmonologists and clinical staff treat more than 17,000 patients per year with respiratory diseases and disorders.
- The Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders (CCBD) at Phoenix Children’s is the largest pediatric program of its kind in Arizona, providing complete care for children diagnosed with malignancies and blood diseases.
However, medical care is one of many focuses at Phoenix Children’s. They also offer a Child Life program, which provides a wide range of family-friendly services to help patients feel like kids again. Specialists support growth and development through music and art therapy, animal-assisted therapy and the Child Life Zone. This is particularly important for children like Braden, who was diagnosed with acute myeloid leukemia (AML) in May 2022.
Braden’s story is a testament to the power of hope, and the quality-of-care Phoenix Children’s provides. Despite upheaval and aggressive treatments, Braden is doing remarkably well, thanks to the support of his medical team. His mother, Jamie, is grateful for the hospital’s focus on Braden as a patient and not just a number, saying, “I feel like everybody has gone above and beyond.”
Learn more about Braden’s story and his favorite programs here.
At MJ, we’re proud to be a long-time partner of Phoenix Children’s. Our CEO, Mike H. Bill serves on the hospital’s Foundation Board of Directors, and we have seen first-hand the impact of the hospital’s work on the community. Many of our associates have volunteered their time and efforts to raise money for the hospital, and we support the hospital and its patients through the MJ Foundation.
We believe in Phoenix Children’s mission and recognize its critical work to provide hope to families in need. We encourage everyone to get involved by volunteering, donating or joining a giving group. Arizona residents can also take advantage of the Arizona Charitable Tax Credit to support this great organization. Together, we can help provide hope and healing to children and families in our community.READ MORE ABOUT MJ’S INVOLVEMENT WITH PHOENIX CHILDREN’S IN OUR MJ FOUNDATION IMPACT REPORT
- Volunteer – You can donate your time to Phoenix Children’s by volunteering at the hospital, helping at a community event or setting up your own fundraising activity.
- Donate – You can make a charitable donation to support various specialties offered at Phoenix Children’s. Not sure which to choose? The Hope Fund is a great pick as it provides relief for immediate hospital needs, often when time is of the essence.
- Join a Giving Group – Giving groups are dedicated groups of like-minded people joining together around a shared passion for ensuring children’s health. Find the perfect giving group for you!
- Take Advantage of the Arizona Charitable Tax Credit – Calling all Arizona residents! Donating $400 or $800 to Phoenix Children’s won’t cost you a penny! When completing your taxes, fill out Arizona Form 321 to claim your tax credit, and you can receive a tax credit on your state return up to $400 if filing an individual tax return or $800 if filing jointly.
To learn more about Phoenix Children’s visit https://phoenixchildrens.org/.