Insurance is about protecting people’s passions—their homes, families, investments and the things that fuel their personal interests and professional livelihoods. This is a privilege we take very seriously at MJ.
We are equally committed to our associates, and that includes encouraging and supporting their personal and professional goals, as well as empowering them to be their “authentic selves” at work. We’re not interested in putting on airs or stuffy meetings filled with business-speak. As an industry tied so directly to people and their security, insurance needs to celebrate individuals and their unique dreams.
To us, nothing is more powerful—or unstoppable—than an organization fueled by diverse opinions, views, talents and interests. To support engagement and ensure that our own people feel seen, heard and included in our agency decisions, we encourage participation in any of our culture committees, resource groups or initiatives they feel drawn to. Some of these include:
- MJ Connect – our formal mentorship program
- Our FUN Committee – the planners for some memorable associate activities and office events
- In the Community – In addition to other MJ community efforts, MJ Insurance chooses two charitable organizations every two years—one in Indianapolis and one in Phoenix –where we focus the majority of our time and resources. This dedicated philanthropic focus supports our culture of giving back.
As a team, we contributed over 2,100 volunteer hours this year, and we have supported 37 different organizations.
- A Healthier YOU – our wellbeing initiative to support mental, physical, emotional and financial health. In December 2020, MJ was recognized as one of the Healthiest 100 Workplaces in America based on Springbuk’s Healthiest Employers® Index, which measures six key factors: Vision, Culture/Engagement, Learning, Expertise, Metrics and Technology.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Council – this is one of the most highly sought committee positions at MJ. We believe the need for businesses to foster inclusive work environments and support diversity is more critical than ever, so we are delighted to have such tremendous associate ownership and commitment.
Of course, there are many other opportunities for each team member to invest his or her time and talents, and their contributions directly feed MJ’s Core Values, which includes being Passionate, Inspiring, Curious, Determined, Innovative and Fun.
Ultimately, we believe MJ thrives because of our team. If you think you would like to add your own talents and interests to our mix, please check out our currently available career opportunities.
It’s likely we’re looking for someone just like you.