October is National Cybersecurity Awareness Month. During this annual event, government and industry leaders come together to raise awareness about the importance of cybersecurity.
It’s crucial for businesses to stay cyber-secure in order to safeguard company data, protect customers’ personal information and ensure employee privacy. Here are 6 ways that you can stay cyber-secure.
- Establish Policies to Promote Cybersecurity – This includes a bring your own device policy, email and internet communication policy, acceptable use policy, remote work policy and incident response policy.
- Educate your Employees – Utilize a training program to make employees aware of cybersecurity threats and how to avoid them.
- Implement Smart Software – Install strong spam filters, firewalls, and anti-virus and malware programs on all company devices. In addition, maintain network security by using a virtual private network.
- Enforce Access Controls – Only allow trusted and qualified individuals access to sensitive data. Further, ensure all employees use strong passwords and update them on a routine basis.
- Bolster Business Continuity – Be sure to back up data frequently. Consider storing copies of critical data in additional secure locations, such as the cloud.
- Have a Plan – Establish a cyber incident response plan to minimize potential losses in the event of a cyber attack. Test this plan regularly.
Contact MJ Insurance today for more cybersecurity guidance and cyber insurance solutions and register for our next Cybersecurity + Data Protection webinar on November 11th.REGISTER HERE
Click below to download the Cybersecurity Awareness infographic.Download the PDF