Indianapolis, IN – June 24, 2020 – Gregory & Appel (G&A) and MJ Insurance (MJ) announced today the launch of Together4Impact, a partnership to mutually support the local community through collaboration of insurance and risk management organizations. The goal is to raise $100,000 for local communities impacted by COVID-19 in the areas of food security, economic security and family security.
The launch of Together4Impact brings the two companies across competitive boundaries to benefit the Greater Central Indiana area and beyond. “Community is a core pillar of Gregory & Appel, just as it has been for our friends at MJ. With the tremendous health and economic impact the coronavirus pandemic has placed on our communities, Gregory & Appel has been fortunate to be able to work and serve our clients while many others have not. Today more than ever, it is critical we work together to support each other and strive to give community members the needed resources,” said Andrew Appel, president & CEO, Gregory & Appel.
Both G&A and MJ will begin outreach to their industry peers to join in giving back to their local communities by challenging them to a donation match or contribution. G&A and MJ have each pledged a $25,000 donation to organizations that support the local community areas of need.
“MJ exists to inspire the success, fulfillment and wellbeing of each person we serve—our associates and their families, business partners, clients and our community—and in times like these, community matters more than ever,” said Michael H. Bill, CEO, MJ Insurance. “We have a strong commitment, and responsibility, to support those who have been impacted through this crisis. We are proud to partner with Gregory & Appel on the Together4Impact initiative and look forward to other industry partners joining in to help our community persevere.”
A first round of donations will be given to the following organizations:
- Gleaners Food Bank: The mission of Gleaners Food Bank is to lead the fight against hunger. They do this by distributing food to hungry Hoosiers through a network of over 250 partner agencies in 21 counties, including emergency food pantries, soup kitchens and shelters.
- Second Helpings: Using a three-part approach to address hunger and poverty, Second Helpings rescues donated perishable and overstocked food to prepare nutritious meals for thousands of hungry children and adults every day, and distributes them free of charge through local social service agencies in Greater Indianapolis. Second Helpings also trains unemployed and underemployed adults for meaningful careers in the culinary industry.
- Indy Parks Food Support: While many underprivileged youths in Central Indiana rely on schools to provide free or low-cost meals, they are unable to do so during recent closures due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Indianapolis Parks Foundation offers a Food Support Program to help provide meals to families and youth in Central Indiana who might otherwise go hungry.
- The Indy Chamber Rapid Response Hub: The Indy Chamber’s Rapid Response Loan Fund was created as a fast, affordable option for small businesses impacted by COVID-19. In its first few weeks of existence, it loaned nearly $3M to small businesses in the Indy region with 59% of loans going to XBE firms (Minority, Women and Veteran and Disabled-Owned Businesses). This bridge capital is an important tool in helping small businesses fund payroll, paid sick and medical leave, insurance premiums, and many other obligations, to help these businesses thrive in the future economic recovery.
- Indianapolis Small Business Recovery Grant: Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC) helps resident-led, community-based development organizations transform distressed communities and neighborhoods into healthy ones. They are offering an Indianapolis Small Business Recovery Grant to help minority, immigrant and women-owned small businesses impacted by COVID-19.
- Prevail of Central Indiana: Prevail of Central Indiana offers crisis intervention and restorative support services for adult, adolescent and child survivors of crimes and abuse. While many victims may be home for an extended time with an abuser due to COVID-19 restrictions and the growing unemployment rate, Prevail continues to create safe and healing spaces by offering a 24-hour crisis line, in-person and online advocacy services, support groups and more.
- Project Home Indy: Project Home Indy serves up to five teen mothers and their children on the path to self-sufficiency. Their program aims to break the cycle of poverty by providing support to young mothers, and by helping them develop the skills to live independently. Project Home Indy is committed to providing a holistic and culturally sensitive approach to providing services and programs opportunities that are structured based on a custom, person-centered case management framework.
“Many small businesses do not have access to traditional capital lending to help them make it through this challenging time,” said Michael Huber, President & CEO, Indy Chamber. “We thank the Together4Impact initiative for support of the Rapid Response Loan Fund. It is making a difference for hundreds of small businesses and the employees and communities they support.”
“At Prevail, we know that we cannot serve the community without the support of the community,” said Susan Ferguson, Executive Director, Prevail, Inc. “This is an amazing example of coming together to ensure that those who need help have access to services in meaningful ways. We are proud to be a family security recipient of the Together4Impact initiative.”
Gregory & Appel Insurance is a fiercely independent risk management advisor, proactively guiding people and businesses through the complexities of insurance and employee benefits with smart, future-focused solutions. Learn more at gregoryappel.com.
Indianapolis-based MJ Insurance exists to inspire the success, fulfillment and wellbeing of each person it serves: associates and their families, business partners, clients and the community. MJ offers commercial and personal insurance, risk management and employee benefits consulting services and serves a diverse client base that includes local, regional, and national companies. Fifty-six years after its founding, MJ Insurance continues to expand through culture, service and leadership. Additional information may be found at www.mjinsurance.com.