Our new website, which was unveiled during 2015, highlights a very deliberate purpose for our agency:
MJ Insurance exists to inspire the success, fulfillment, and wellbeing of each person we serve: our associates and their families, business partners, clients, and our community.
I can say that our staff has truly embraced this purpose, and I’m tremendously proud of what we were able to accomplish this past year.
But here’s even better news: we weren’t alone. Goodness really did win in 2015. Consider these five stories that prove the positive everywhere:
- A west coast moving company now offers free moving services for victims of domestic abuse.
- Students at a Michigan high school began volunteering as pallbearers for homeless veteran funerals.
- Louis rapper, Nelly, has been quietly sending two kids to college each of the last ten years.
- Six Memphis, Tennessee police officers attended a father-daughter dance with an 8 year-old girl whose father died in the line of duty four years ago.
- California firefighters finished mowing and trimming the lawn of a heart attack patient after he was safely transported to the hospital.
Those are seemingly simple examples of others going above and beyond, leaving the world better than before. Yet these stories also illustrate the tremendous power of genuine gestures. Grand acts are rarely required, but deliberate intent can truly change the trajectory of someone’s life. It’s with this in mind that I’d also like to share the Five Key Passions that accompany MJ’s Purpose. We spent considerable time and effort crafting each statement, and I share them now because I truly believe they can serve anyone well.
- Perpetually strive to become the best version of yourself, both personally and professionally. By being the best “you,” you not only make yourself happier and more productive, you also positively influence those around you.
- Commit to develop and follow best practices that are repeatable and efficient in order to achieve your desired results, both personally and professionally. Good planning leads to good habits, which lead to success in achieving your dreams.
- With passion and commitment, place the interest of others ahead of your own by committing to daily behaviors that positively influence those around you. Everyone is a valued part of the team—and that means that everyone is a leader in some capacity. A leader is dedicated to making everyone around them the best they can be.
- Engage with others in ways that will ignite their passion and inspire them to act and influence others in a similar fashion. Success breeds success. Happiness breeds happiness. Stay positive and engaged and others will follow suit.
- Happiness is a choice. Bring your sense of humor and desire to have fun to work with you every day. The world is a brighter, better place when we don’t take ourselves too seriously—and happiness is not a destination, but a journey.
Not bad rules for living, right? And a good reminder that we each change the world, either by chance or through deliberate planning. So instead of happenstance, let’s head into 2016 with intent. We all change the world; either deliberately or with intent purpose. Instead of leaving it to chance, how about making 2016 the year you actively plan for better?
So here’s to the holidays and the New Year beyond. On behalf of MJ Insurance, I wish you and yours a year of wonderful!